|Headquarters||La Ferté-Bernard, France|
Number of employees
Serac group is a privately owned company with its headquarters located in La Ferté-Bernard, France and a worldwide presence. The company designs, assembles and provides packaging solutions (machines and lines) to industrial companies and end-users.
For the PET sector, Serac offers solutions for PET bottle manufacturing, filling and capping. More than 5 000 machines have been installed in more than 100 countries.
2015 Sales turnover: 114 MioE (90Mio€ 2012) (70% machines; 30% services)
4 key sales areas:
Serac comprises of 11 commercial offices located in France, Brazil, USA, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, Russia, Japan, China, Spain, England and 6 factories in France, Brazil, U.S.A. and Malaysia.
- Serac Inc is responsible for North and Central America
- Serac Do Brasil is responsible for South America
- Serac SAS and Nova are responsible for Europe, the Middle-East and Africa
- Serac Asia is responsible for Asia and the Pacific
- Packaging manufacturing: Serac expertise in bottle manufacturing is the result of a strategic move initiated in 2010 when a stake in Agami (PS and PP bottle manufacturing) was acquired. In 2013 Serac introduced its first PET bottle blowing machine.
- Packaging decontamination: Container decontamination systems for Serac’s ultra-clean and aseptic filling machines. Serac designs and/or integrates container decontamination and closing
- Filling: Machine manufacturing for bottle filling with liquid products and has more recently acquired expertise in food product filling in preformed cups.
- Capping: Machine manufacturing to seal and cap bottles or containers
- Turnkey lines: Turnkey lines in collaboration between Serac’s skilled engineers and their partners, specialized in the production of specific line components (conveyors, palletizers, labellers, …). for customized solutions, from container filling to palletizing.
- Life cycle services: Serac provides support and advice in engineering, installation and commissioning, preventive maintenance, retrofits, upgrades, training, tooling, performance enhancing, spare parts…
Main markets are
- dairy products,
- edible oil
- home and personal care products
- 1969 - The French engineer Jean-Jaques Graffin founds Serac
- 1972 - Serac introduces its first rotary filli8ng machine (for fresh milk)
- 1978 - Serac introduces the first electronic weight filling machine at Interpack, Düsseldorf
- 1982 - Serac introduces aseptic filling machine for UHT
- 1988 - Creation of Serac Aseptic in France
- 2004 - Serac acquires Nova (Food-filling in preformed-cups) in France
- 2013 - Serac introduces its first PET bottle blowing machine, created inhouse
- 2014 - Serac acquires Agami in France (Roll N Blow Process for PP and PS bottle manufacturing)
PETplanet Insider Articles
Issue 07 / 2019: BlueStream sterilisation technology
Issue 03 / 2019: An entire line for dairy processing
Issue 07 / 2017: Aseptic packaging treatment
Issue 06 / 2016: Three steps to success
Issue 01 / 2016: Bottle making: Blow-fill-cap units for mid-size bottle producers
Issue 12 / 2015: Talks at Pack Expo 2015
Issue 09 / 2013: An integrated line solution to blowing-filling-capping
Issue 07 / 2013: Dairy blow-moulding, filling and capping
Issue 06 / 2013: Serac Asia appoints new general manager
Issue 10 / 2011: Ultra-clean refrigerated packaging bloc
Issue 10 / 2010: France Part 2 – Serac in La Ferté Bernard
Issue 05 / 2009: Serac 40th anniversary