Husky returns to Plástico Brasil
Husky Technologies announced its return to exhibit at Plástico Brasil 2023 (March 27-31, São Paulo, Brazil). At the show, Husky is featuring how its versatile range of technologies, solutions and services enable Brazil’s food, beverage, consumer goods packaging, automotive and medical device producers to effectively meet regional market and consumer trends.
Local support, global expertise
Husky first established a presence in Brazil in 1993, having opened its regional Technical Center in Jundiai and selling the first local system into the market that same year. Now having served the region for 30 years, the company has established a strong local presence that is complemented by years of global expertise. The Technical Center focuses on up-time and keeping customers running with advanced support and parts capabilities, including optimised hot runner and controller refurbishment services. This is supported by Advantage+Elite, which remotely monitors systems within customers’ production facilities 24-hours a day in real-time, while proactively engaging to recognize and rectify potential issues before productivity or part quality is impacted.
“Husky works closely with our customers in Brazil and neighboring regions to gain a true understanding of the unique challenges they encounter,” said Sean Hoy, Husky’s Vice President of Sales and Service, Hot Runners and Controllers for the Americas. “Our industry-proven hot runner and controller technologies are perfectly aligned with the key markets and trends that are fueling the plastics industry in Brazil. This is why we’ve established a strong regional presence, including field service, technical support, refurbishing capabilities, along with new hot runner and controller manufacturing, that can satisfy the needs of this growing market.”
Introducing Husky Complete
At the show, the company is introducing Husky Complete – an end-to-end, connected production solution – now for its high-performance packaging systems. Originally introduced in 2022 for PET preform manufacturing, this solution has been extended to address ongoing top-of-mind needs of food and consumer goods packaging producers and is modelled to transform variability into stability throughout every stage of production.
“In working closely with our customers, it had become increasingly clear that to successfully navigate through today’s most prevalent economic, supply chain, sustainability, labor and operational challenges producers must adopt a holistic approach to manufacturing,” said Haim Za’afrani, Husky’s Vice President of Sales, Rigid Packaging for the Americas and Europe. “The extension of our Husky Complete solution is an opportunity to further arm both PET preform and packaging producers with the most effective tools to build more stable, resilient, reliable processes that are less affected by continuously shifting external factors.”
Enabled by Husky, powered by people
Located in Booth #B070, Husky will be displaying its range of technologies, solutions and services that enable food, beverage, consumer goods packaging, automotive and medical device producers in Brazil to effectively respond to ongoing market challenges. Some highlights include:
• The introduction of Husky Complete – Husky’s complete, end-to-end, connected production solution enabling stability throughout every stage of PET preform and packaging production
• Range of hot runner and controller technologies and local services designed to achieve the highest part quality and output at the lowest cost, including the new thermally advanced Ultramelt, Altanium Servo Control electrification technology, and Ultra Sidegate and Ultra Helix advanced gating technology
• Advantage+Elite proactive, predictive, transparent monitoring of customers’ production facilities in real-time using remotely connected technology
• Latest PET Tooling advancements, including molds designed to enable flexibility for mid-volume output applications and increase output up to 33% for small format applications
• Portfolio of proven beverage closure solutions, including custom and standard tethered closures designed to deliver flexibility, adaptability and a premium consumer experience