|Alexander Anikeev, CEO
Ekopet JSC is the largest polyethylene terephthalate plant in Russia and Eastern Europe, established for implementing a long-term PET project in the Russian and European polymer markets. Ekopet JSC plant currently produces high-viscosity polyethylene terephthalate chips under the Eköpet trademark. which are intended for production of PET-bottles and cans, containers and packages for food, as well as for manufacturing of various products of technical and domestic use.
The state-of-the-art technology of MTR comprising one-stage and two-phase production of PET resin is used for a production that reduces capital costs, energy and raw materials consumption. The technology and equipment were developed by Uhde Inventa Fischer GmbH (Germany). This PET production technology provides for a polymer with a lower melting point, far lower than for traditional PET types, as well as a lower crystalinity degree and minimum dust content in the shipped product, resulting not only in a high-quality product, but also reduced energy costs during PET processing for our customers.
Ekopet is the first plant in Europe and the fourth in the world using MTR technology.
Ekopet is aware of the issue to preserve and protect the environment. The company strives to keep its ecological footprint as minimal as possible. In addition Ekopet has established a continuous process of improving the work to reduce the harmful impact of production on the environment within the approved "Environmental Management and Environmental Safety Management System". The policy in the field of environmental management and environmental safety management is developed on the basis of a comprehensive assessment of the company's activities, taking into account the goals and objectives of the enterprise in the field of environmental protection.
Ekopet is located in Kalingrad, Russia.
Products / Technology
Ekopet produces polyethylene terephthalate (PET) under the trademark „EköPet“ which is intended for the production of PET bottles for carbonated and non-carbonated drinks, juices, dairy products, vegetable oil, other packaging and food packaging, including sheet thermoforming products, as well as various products of technical, medical and household purposes.
- EKOPET 64 FG
- EKÖPET SP
- EKÖPET 76
- EKOPET 76 FRH
- EKOPET 80
- EKÖPET 80 FRH
- EKÖPET 84
- EKÖPET 84 FRH
- 2007 – founded in Kaliningrad, Russia
- 2008 – construction of the plants
- 2011 – start of production
- PET of ЕkÖРet trademark is certified for compliance with Russian and world requirements for polymers produced for contact with food
- Contracts signed for supply of ЕkÖРet PET brand with consumers in Russia, CIS countries and countries of Western and Eastern Europe
- the chemical laboratory of quality analysis is accredited for technical competence by the Federal Accreditation Service as a testing center
- 2012 - full production capacity of about 660 tons per day in second quarter of 2012
- Ekopet is the leader in production of PET in the Customs Union. By the end of 2012, 145.5 tons of PET granulate are produced
- 2013 - joined non-commercial partnership for development of polyethylene terephthalate industry «ARPET»
- 2014 - first PET lot of the trademark EKORET FRH, a polymer modified with the Fast Reheat energy-saving additive
- 2015 - the high-temperature organic HTM heating system was transferred from fuel oil to natural gas as a fuel
- in accordance with Federal Act No. 412 of December 28, 2013 “Accreditation in the National Accreditation System”, the Chemical Laboratory passed the competency verification procedure
- 2016 – in November/December the Chemical Laboratory arranged and conducted interlaboratory comparative tests (ILT) among producers and processors of polyethylene terephthalate (PET). 12 testing laboratories took part in the ILT.
- 2017 – a Pellet Scanning System (PS25 C) was put into operation in the Chemical Laboratory. The PS25 C is used for optical quality control of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) pellets.
- In accordance with Federal Act No. 412 of December 28, 2013 “Accreditation in the National Accreditation System”, the Chemical Laboratory passed the competency verification procedure
- 2018 - The Chemical Laboratory staff was trained within the framework of gas chromatography practical training under the guidance of Denis Sipkin, a chromatography expert from SchelTec LLC.
- Automatic Viscosity Measurement System LAUDA PV24 with VRM4 flush module was purchased and commissioned on 08.11.2018.
- 2019 - The measurement procedure “Determination of intrinsic viscosity of diluted solutions of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) by capillary viscometry” was developed by the Chemical Laboratory and certified by the Ural Research Institute of Metrology
- 2020 - the chemical laboratory of Ekopet JSC took part in interlaboratory comparative tests of the 4th stage of ILC ROSA-2019. According to the results, the chemical laboratory of Ekopet JSC showed high accuracy of the analysis results and took second place among 568 testing laboratories of the Russian Federation
- Ekopet JSC was included in the register of bona fide export suppliers
- the company successfully passed certification in the VSC "Made in Russia" and is now entitled to use the mark "Made in Russia"
- Ekopet JSC successfully passed the first supervisory audit of the functioning management systems for compliance with the requirements of international standards ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 14001: 2015, ISO 45001: 2015