|Headquarters||Aylesbury, United Kingdom|
|Paul Matthews (Managing Director), Robin Beaumont (Technical Director), Graham Spittlehouse (General Manager)|
Beaubury Precision was founded in 1964 and is one of UK‘s largest independent blow mould manufacturer. During this time the company has always been focused on the expertise in blow moulds and product design. This dedication led to the highest quality of tooling at a fiercely competitive price.
Beaubury manufactures moulds for all common machine platforms, including:
- Uniloy Milacron, Techne S.p.A., Sidel, Side, Nissei, Krones, KHS, Kautex, Hesta, Bekum, Automa, Aoki.
The company‘s investment in state-of-the-art technology and in-house facilities such as laser welding, 3D surface scanning, heat treatment, etc, allows Beaubury to keep customers tooling in top condition.
Beaubury offers a refurbishment service for tooling manufactured by other suppliers as well. A total package of services is offered for their customers blow moulders - ensuring that their moulds keep the production lines moving.
In addition Beaubury offers modifications such as adding, changing or removing cavity detail, or a technical change like changing to a new neck finish or base profile.
A range of spare mould parts are stocked for most series’ of Sidel™ moulds as well as cutting sleeves, striker-plates, blow pins & tips.
Products / Technology
Beaubury has designed and manufactured moulds for almost every product imaginable and for all common machine platforms.
With the growing popularity of PET, it is fast becoming the material of choice for products traditionally packaged in HDPE, PP, PVC, PC and glass.
Beaubury develops the right packaging solution whilst maintaining important product features and ‘brand image’.
- Extrusion Blow Moulds
- PET Moulds & Change-parts
- 1964 - Founded by Edward Beaumont, operating out of a ‘shed’ on the outskirts of Aylesbury
- 1965 - Moved to 1500sq/ft workshop
- 1968 - Registered with Companies House as Beaubury Precision Moulds Limited
- 1976 - Leadership passed to Derek Beaumont
- 1980 - Moved into brand new 3,500sq/ft premises in Bessemer Crescent, Aylesbury
- 1982 - CNC revolution begins with installation of a Bridgeport Interact Series I machine c/w TNC 145 control.
- 1982 - CAD/CAM system (PathTrace) introduced to exploit CNC milling machine capabilities
- 1986 - Moved to purpose built freehold 7,400 sq/ft factory in Kempson Close, Aylesbury
- 1988 - Delcam’s DUCT CAD system introduced – Beaubury were the first blow moulder to adopt this new technology which has become an industry standard
- 1993 - Renishaw Cyclone surface digitiser introduced for reverse engineering of cavity geometry
- 1994 - 1st Hi-speed machining center installed: Matsuura 18,000rpm
- 1997 - Achieved ISO9001 accreditation
- 1998 - Purchased nearly 2 acres of land and built current 20,000sq/ft factory
- 2000 - 1st 5 axis DMG DMU60P machining center introduced
- 2000 - Erowa palletizing system installed to exploit the benefits of 5 axis machining and to allow robot loading of cavity blocks for ‘light-out’ machining
- 2006 - Derek Beaumont retired
- Paul Matthews - Managing Director
- Robin Beaumont - Technical Director
- Graham Spittlehouse - General Manager
- 2008 - Laser welding system installed to support repair and refurbishment program
- 2009 - New Hardinge/Bridgeport XR 1000 CNC machining centre 1020 x 610 x 610 capacity
- 2012 - New Hardinge/Bridgeport XR 1000 CNC machining centre 1020 x 610 x 610 capacity