Plastics Recyclers Europe
|Plastics Recyclers Europe|
Plastics Recyclers Europe (PRE) is an organization that represents European plastics recyclers who reprocess plastic waste into high-quality material destined for the production of new articles. Recyclers are important facilitators of the circularity of plastics and the transition towards circular economy.
The plastic recycling in Europe is a rapidly growing industry that represents more than €7.7 billion in turnover, 9.6 million tonnes of installed recycling capacity and more than 650 recycling facilities employing over 20.000 people.
The organization provides plastics recyclers with a representation at a European level among the leading industry organizations. PRE promotes the use of quality plastic recyclates and offers concrete advice on developing innovative, recyclable products and packaging.
Throughout the year, PRE organises several high-quality events and conferences involving the actors from the entire plastics industry value chain. During the events, the organization provides a platform for information exchange and networking. The events address the most important trending issues in the industry and emphasize innovative opportunities to advance technological developments and help Europe to reach its recycling targets with quality recycled materials.
- Plastics recyclers annual meeting
- Every year Plastics Recyclers Annual Meeting gathers around 300 delegates and actors across the entire plastics value chain – from recyclers and plastics producers to various authorities, researchers and academics. The conference investigates the scope of the latest opportunities and challenges that the plastics recycling industry faces and features high-level speakers from the sector.
- Pre working group meetings
- Working Group meetings are reserved for PRE members only, and they take place on a quarterly basis. These meetings address the most pressing issues that the different sectors are facing and provide an insight into the current technology as well as legislative developments.
- Plastics Recyclers Show Europe
- Plastics Recyclers Show Europe features a pan European exhibition and conference dedicated to the plastics recycling industry. It brings together key players from the plastics and recycling sectors to showcase innovative technology, share best practices, network and do business. A broad cross-section of the industry is represented at the event including plastics recycling machinery and equipment suppliers, plastic material suppliers and compounders, pre-processors, plastics recyclers, waste management specialists and industry associations. More than 120 exhibitors and close to 3 200 visitors attended the latest PRSE.