Pramia Plastic is a pioneer in circular economy. The company from Toholampi, Finland turns waste into plastic that can be used as food contact material and is comparable to virgin material. Pramia Plastic takes care that no raw material goes to waste during the entire production process and manufactures all of their products using 100% domestic recycled material and 100% domestic labor.
The company has an area of 8800 square meters and reuses the material of PET bottles used by the food industry. The raw material comes from Finlands recycling system and has a guaranteed high and uniform quality. Pramia Plastic processes about one million of plastic bottles a day and turns them into plastic straps, flakes and granulates.
Pramia‘s plastic strap production line is the most modern in the Scandinavian countries. The company operates the largest production plant in Finland powered completely by domestic wind energy and produces part of the wind energy that they use. The factory, which operates around the clock, has energy-saving LED lights and an environmentally friendly a washing process.
No raw material goes to waste during the entire production process and Pramia sends all of the by-products, from the wire used for binding the plastic bottle bales, to other companies for further processing.
Products / Technology
- Packing strap - The Pramia rPET packing straps are made using only recycled, domestic raw materials.
- Flake - Pramia Flake is a high-quality plastic flake.
- rPET mixed colour FL
- rPET clear non food FL
- PO FL - made from Caps pieces
- Granulate - Pramia Granulate is a top-quality PET plastic granule. The process that makes it suitable for use as food contact material takes eight hours, and the resulting product is comparable to virgin material.
- rPET granulate GR
- PO GR - made from Caps pieces
- Other fractions - Pramia sells the by-products generated in the process, such as aluminum, wire, fine PET and lumps, for further processing to companies that need them as their raw material.
- Aluminium (from cans and clips)
- rPET fine clear
- rPET fine mixed colour
- Lumps (PET+PP)
- Lumps (PET)
- Labels (REF) – crushed labels