|Founder||Franz Josef Schweitzer|
The ALBA Group is one of the leading recycling and environmental services companies and a raw material providers worldwide. The company operates with its two brands – ALBA and Interseroh – within Germany, Europa and Asia. ALBA and employes a staff of more than 8,000 employees.
As a full service provider, ALBA covers the entire spectrum of environmental services, from consultation on waste management, to packaging licensing in markets using the German "dual system", to the provision of dependable recycling solutions state-of-the-art sorting technologies and innovative logistics and product development, waste management and the delivery of raw materials worldwide.
ALBA is a family owned company that doesn't rely on short-term capital market interests enabling the company to plan ahead in the long terms. So ALBA is planning market-based and oriented towards their customers' requirements – still keeping sight on environmental considerations or the needs of future generations.
In 2017 alone ALBA Group saved almost 4.1 million tonnes of greenhouse gases compared to primary production and at the same time about 30.2 million tonnes of primary raw materials through its recycling activities.
Products / Technology
- Waste management
- Take-back systems
- Raw materials
- Independent consultancy
- Facility solutions
- All-in-one solutions
- 1968 – founded in Berlin, Germany by Franz Josef Schweitzer and his wife Ursula
- 1976 – ALBA develops the seperate collection of recyclables („Berlin model“)
- 1980 – ALBA sets standard for waste collection containers
- 1991 – ALBA supports and sponsors the Basketball Team BG Charlottenburg, now known as ALBA Berlin
- 1998 – Axel and Eric Schweitzer take over responsibility for the company
- 2004 – ALBA introduces „yellow plus“ containers in Leipzig, Germany
- 2005 – new sorting system for lightweight packaging
- 2006 – ALBA develops the first production facility for „green coal“ in Berlin
- 2009 – ALBA and Intersoh reach an cooperation agreement, forming the ALBA Group
- 2011 – successfully issues a fixed-interest corporate bond on the international capital market
- Official representation of the ALBA Group opens in Bejing, China
- 2013 – new brand presence
- 2015 – ALBA takes responsibility for the development and subsequent operation of a collection and recycling system as well as the construction of a recycling facility for household scraps in Hongkong, China
- 2016 – Techcent becomes a new partner
- 2017 – On occasion of the summit between Chancellor Angela Merkel and the prime minister of China Kequiang Li, together with Techcent and the Deyang Construction Investment Group, the ALBA Group signs a contract for the construction of a high-tech recycling park in Dyang, China
- 2018 – 50 years of ALBA
PETplanet Insider Articles
Issue 06 / 2019: ALBA Group: Memorandum of Understanding signed in Tokyo