|Peter Rössler, Martin Fritz|
WEIMA is a worldwide operating medium-sized company from Ilsfeld in Germany. The company's shredders, briquette presses and packaging presses are known for run safely, reliably and economically and WEIMA continuously develops these technically sophisticated technologies. WEIMA machines are custom-fit solution of the best quality.
WEIMA shredding and compacting machines are produced in Germany - generating sales of 70 million euros. At the sites in Ilsfeld, Abstatt (Baden-Württemberg) and Annaburg (Saxony-Anhalt), a 300-strong team builds more than 1,200 customer solutions a year on more than 44,000 m² for worldwide use.
Together with the customer, the company develops the best possible concept and designs the optimum machine with the highest possible functionality. As a stand-alone solution or as part of a complete system - with a high level of vertical integration, WEIMA flexibly matches the individual components of the machines to the specific task.
The company's business model is based on sustainability, also internally. With a constant training quota of more than ten percent, WEIMA assumes social responsibility and secures the future of the company. The company also offers every employee the opportunity to continue their education individually and according to their personal interests.
- Briquette presses
- Drainage presses
- 1980 - founded by Peter Rössler as "Weinsberger Maschinenfabrik" (WEIMA) manufacturing one of the first industrial wood chippers for joinery and carpentry shops
- 1982 - extension of machinery portfolio to Briquetting presses
- new production shop in Ilsfeld industrial park
- 1999 - transatlantic expansion by opening sales office including final assembly and service center in Fort Mill, South Carolina/USA
- 2003 - Martin Fritz joins the company and becomes managing partner alongside Peter Rössler
- 2006 - relocation of the main part of the shredder production to Annaburg in Saxony-Anhalt in order to be able to meet the worldwide growing demand
- 2014 - with China as a target market, WEIMA enters into a joint venture in the northeastern city of Yantai. From now on, production takes place there exclusively for the Chinese market in new production halls
- 2018 - WEIMA Campus Expansion in Ilsfeld (Phase 1)
- headquarters in Ilsfeld restructured and extensively modernized
- new technical center expanded
- storage capacities increased
- assembly stations added
- 2018 - Acquisition of the drainage specialist PÜHLER
- 2019 - new Joint Venture in Northwest India with focus on expanding the service commitment in the region
- 2020 - WEIMA Campus Expansion in Ilsfeld (Phase 2)
- Campus expansion of administrative buildings
- extension one to repair as well as service work capacities
- production hall 4 creates additional assembly areas
- automated parts warehouse built
- electrical enclosure construction is modernized
PETplanet Insider Articles
Issue 09 / 2021: Focus on circular economy