Number of employees
The Spanish company Caiba is specialized in the manufacture of PET preforms and containers for the food, household products and personal hygiene sectors.
Caiba exports to the European Union, America and Africa. Food industry is the main area of business, representing 65% of revenue. Founded in 1955, Caiba has evolved constantly to become a corporate group with a market share of over 30% and a consistent turnover and growing profits. It is a consolidated company that is a pioneer in product innovation projects.
Caiba has two production sites in Spain, located in Ribarroja (Valencia) and Santa Ana (Jaén), a average workforce of 118 employees (2012) and a production capacity about 550 million containers and 1.000 million preforms. Caiba manufactures its containers in line with the most stringent quality controls and only uses materials that comply with current legislation, which has led to the company being granted ISO 9001:2008 certification.
With the aim of maximizing service standards and productivity, Caiba offers its clients the outsourcing of the blow-moulding process of their containers. This service consists of transferring the blow-molding process to the client's own facility. Caiba currently has 12 integrated blow-molding plants in Spain.
Products / Technology
PET containers for
- Household products
- Personal hygiene
- 1967 - First polyethylene bottle for olive oil in Spain
- 1970s - Caiba becomes the leading Spanish manufacturer of plastic bottles for the food industry
- 1980s - Pioneers manufacturing PET preforms and bottles in Spain
- 1990s - Manufactures the first 5-litre preform on the market for mineral water
- 1998 - Inauguration of Caiba Andalucía, located in Jaén
- 2012 - Caiba Valencia moves to our new facility in Ribarroja